How do I purchase tickets?
There are several options when buying tickets:
1. You can purchase any ticket to one of our events on our website, www.BallDrop.com. To buy, select the # of tickets you want to purchase in the dropdown of a specific event and follow the instructions.
2. Email. Not sure where to go or how to buy tickets? Email us at email@example.com and a New Years Eve Specialist will reply promptly.
3. Phone. You can purchase tickets over the phone with a New Years Eve Specialist at 212-201-0735
Where does the ball drop?
The ball drops in the center of Times Square. The building the ball is located on is One Times Square.
Where can I pickup my ticket(s)?
Location for New Year’s Eve Ticket Pick-Up
Hours Of Operation
What You Need
- Confirmation Number
- Name of the Venue you are attending
- Government Issued Photo ID (Passport, Drivers License)
- Credit Card used to purchase tickets
- If someone else is picking up your tickets, make sure to complete the “Ticket Transfer Form” before arrival.
Ticket Transfer Form:
In order to switch the name of person picking up your tickets, you must pay a $4.95 fee and fill out a form along with copies of the credit card and government issued photo ID used to purchase the tickets.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
We appreciate your business. Have a wonderful time on New Year’s Eve!
The Ball Drop Team
What is Ball Drop's Refund Policy?
All sales are final. Refunds are only given if an event is canceled or rescheduled. If your event was canceled, in most cases you won't need to do a thing: we'll inform you of the cancellation and refund the amount you paid for your tickets, on the same payment method used for purchase.
Is Times Square barricaded?
YES. Around Noon on December 31, 2013, the NYPD will close off the perimeter of Times Square. The only way to enter passed these barricades is to (1) Be a resident of the area; (2) Have a ticket to one of our events inside the barricades. We provide all guests with physical tickets that will permit them to enter through these barricades and attend one of our events.
What is the weather like on New Years Eve?
The average temperature at midnight in New York City since the ball dropping tradition began in 1907 is 33.7 °F (1 °C).
The coldest event was in 1917 when the temperature was 1 °F (−17 °C), the second coldest was 11 °F (−12 °C) in 1962. The warmest ball drop was 58 °F (14 °C) in both 1965 and 1972. It has snowed during the ball drop just seven times out of 104 events (one being light snow), 1926, 1934, 1948, 1952, 1961, 1967, and 2009 and it has rained multiple times. (from Wikipedia)